Everest Base Camp Package
Ready to do the Everest Base Camp Trek? Then don’t delay and book your trip today.
We were able to put the following Everest Base Camp Trek Package together for you at an incredible price. See the details of the trip below, and contact us for availability and to confirm a booking.
Herewith the itinerary for the Everest Base Camp Trek Package. Note the days where Breakfast (B), Lunch (L) and Dinner (D) is included.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Full day of sightseeing of Kathmandu valley (B)
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Lukla (2886m) – Phakding ( B, L, D)
- Day 04: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) ( B, L, D)
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaarfor acclimatization (B, L, D)
- Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (B, L, D)
- Day 07: Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche ( B, L, D)
- Day 08: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization ( B, L, D)
- Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche ( B, L, D)
- Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep and return to Gorekshep ( B, L, D)
- Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Kala Patthar (5545m.) and trek to Pheriche ( B, L, D)
- Day 12: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar ( B, L, D)
- Day 13: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla ( B, L, D)
- Day 14: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel (B)
- Day 15: Leisure day in Kathmandu (B)
- Day 16: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure ( B)
- All airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Four nights’ hotel stay in Kathmandu, including breakfast.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek with hot tea/coffee during breakfast as per the itinerary.
- All necessary paper works, National park entry permits and TIMS permit.
- Flight fare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with domestic airport taxes.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek on twin sharing basis.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly guide and porters (1 porter for each 2 trekkers and a porter will carry maximum of 25 KG).
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porters.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service to be paid by your travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets and duffle bag and trekking map (return after the trek).
- All government taxes, VAT and service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 3 passport size photos, the Visa costs about USD40.00 for the 1 month.
- Travel Insurance, (compulsory).
- Food (Lunch and Dinner) while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expenses, all the alcoholic, non alcoholic drinks and entrance fees when you do the tour in Kathmandu.
- Snacks and hot shower during the trek.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Tips for the guide and porters.
- 16 Day Tour
- 16 Day Tour
For Single Person Booking, please add $150 to the price
Hotel And Accommodation
Our Supplier will provide you with a 2/3 star standard hotel in Kathmandu (4 nights – 2 nights before the trek and 2 nights after). Luxury 4/5 star accommodation can be arranged in Kathmandu at an additional cost, although most people find the 2/3 star hotels adequate.
For the trek you will be booked into standard Lodge/Teahouse accommodation. The rooms on the trek are basic, normally just a bed with a pillow and blankets. A few have electric lights and all have a spacious dining room-lounge. Our Supplier will accommodate groups in local lodges as they are available each day. Our Supplier sends a porter ahead of the group to book the required number of rooms for the group (rooms cannot be booked in advance in all places). Please remember that some of them are very basic and a sense of adventure is required while you are on the trek.
Airport Transfers And Transport
Our Supplier will provide private vehicles for the airport transfers and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, as well as the transport to the airport for the flights between Kathmandu and Lukla.
Electricity And Recharging Batteries
Electricity is available in some of the villages on the Everest Base Camp Trek where you can re-charge your camera and cell phone batteries. The higher you move up the less power is available. Some villages make use of solar power and you will only be able to recharge if they have enough power. We suggest you take enough spare batteries with you. You have to pay for recharging devices on the trek.
Meals And Drinks
Meals on the Everest Base Camp Trek are included in our package. You will have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where you stay for the night. The guide will choose where you will stop for lunch. You should take your own water purification measures with, and also make provision for snacks while trekking.
Your main luggage will be carried by porters on the trek and you simply carry a daypack with your water bottle, camera, sun-screen, spare jacket, snacks etc for the day. There is a 15 Kg weight limit for domestic flights, including your hand bag. Excess weight is charged for by the airlines. You will have the option to leave any items you won’t need on the trek at the hotel which will be returned to you after the trip.
Guide/Porter On Trek
Our Supplier provides trained trekking guides who will handle the logistics of the Trek and who will guide the group. A porter will be assigned for every 2 trekkers. Porters carry about 20 Kg (10 Kg from each trekkers) and if there are more than 10 people in the group then our Supplier will provide you with an additional guide for the group on the Everest Base Camp Trek.
Group Size, Guide And Crew Members
Our Supplier organizes the Everest Base Camp Trek for single trekkers or groups of up to a maximum of 16 people. If the group consists of more than 16 people our Supplier will split the group into two or more groups (according to the number of trekkers). However, all trekkers can walk together and stay at the same guest houses. Our Supplier will provide 1 guide for up to 10 people, and 2 guides for 11-16 people and a porter for each 2 trekkers.
If you are a small party and are looking for a group to join, we can provide you with fixed departures dates. If you would like to travel independently, or with your friends, families & colleagues then you are invited to choose any date that will suit you and we will arrange the trek according to your needs.
Personal Expenses On The Trek
The personal expenses you will incur on the trek will depend entirely on you. Since meals are included on the trek, you only need money for table drinks (alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages), snacks while walking (some smaller shops are available along the trail in the areas), tips, souvenirs, hot shower (available in some places), and meals in Kathmandu (a meal costs around USD5-7 in Kathmandu), Kathmandu tour money (approx. USD25). If you do not drink alcohol and if you are not shopping then USD12-15 per day should be enough for the hot drinks, shower and snacks on trek.
Tips are appreciated by your support team after the trek. The amount depends on your budget and appreciation of their work. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate 10 – 15% of the total tour cost as tips to the staff and you can do this if you feel the services have been good.
A Typical Day On The Trek
Each morning after packing your bags and having hot breakfast at your lodge, you will depart for the day’s trek. After walking for 3-4 hours, you will stop for lunch at around midday. The afternoon’s walk is generally shorter and you usually arrive at your destination in time for afternoon tea. The remainder of the afternoon can be spent exploring the village, doing a bit of washing or simply relaxing with a good book. On some days you will arrive at your destination by lunchtime and the entire afternoon will be free. After dinner, the evening will often be spent playing cards and reliving the day’s adventures, before retiring for a well-earned sleep.
Arriving In Kathmandu
We will pass your International flight details to our Supplier once you have confirmed and booked your Everest Base Camp Trek. You will be greeted by a representative of our Supplier at the airport upon your arrival. You will see someone standing with a placard with either the name of our Supplier (which we will communicate to you) or your name written on paper. The representative will greet you and transfer you to the hotel. If you have done a private booking for your hotel in Kathmandu, our Supplier can pick you up at your hotel when the trek starts.
Itinerary And Changes To It
The 16 Day Everest Base Camp Trek could vary due to unforeseen events which may contribute to the need for a change in itinerary. In such cases, the guide will suggest the best alternative similar to your original program. This is a reality of life in the Himalayas and you should have some flexibility built into your overall travel plan.
In case of a serious illness during your trek, our Supplier will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital for treatment. In such an event you are entirely liable for all the expenses incurred to make the evacuation/rescue possible. Please make sure that these expenses will be covered by your health or insurance policy before you embark on this adventure.
In addition to the Everest Base Camp Trek, we can arrange to extend your trip within Nepal and/or other neighboring countries like Bhutan and Tibet.
Booking And Payment
You are required to make a 15% non refundable payment in order for us to book and confirm your Everest Base Camp Trek adventure. We will also need copies of your passport and flight details (arrival detail, flight name, number and time) prior to your departure to Nepal. The remaining 85% balance for your Trek is payable directly to our Supplier when you arrive in Nepal. You will have the option of paying by cash or credit card (Visa and Master Cards only).
Flight Delays In Kathmandu And Lukla
The Twin Otter Plane is the only mode of transport to and from Lukla on this tour. Sometimes flights to and from Lukla may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions as the weather in the mountains is unpredictable. We trust the one extra day at the end of the tour on your tour itinerary is enough in the case of flight delays or cancellations to or from Lukla. If the flights remain cancelled for 2 or more days, our Supplier will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your flight to your home or other destinations. The cost of this extra service is payable directly to our Supplier in Kathmandu. If you pay for this service by US cash or by credit card (Visa and Master Cards only) our Supplier will give you a receipt of the payment which you can claim from your insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum around US$3500 depending on the number of people.